Crafty Weekend

Got a few things done this weekend!

1) Moogle outfit for doll. The hat is from Hello Monster on Etsy, I made the rest. The wings have wire in them so that they are posable.

2) Tutu for doll. Actually, it was made for the same doll wearing the Moogle outfit.

3)Rainbow yarn. I bought a batt of really pretty roving off Etsy and spun it up. I had trouble with it but it still looks pretty.
Unspun to show all the colors
"Traveler" batt
And now spun. It gave me very thick yarn.
Hand-spun yarn

I have another amigurumi in progress though I don’t know what it’s going to be just yet!

What I’ve been doing

Bad me, I’ve fallen a little behind in updating my blog. I have been doing more crafty things lately so have quite a few pics to share.
I made a dragon egg to use as a prop with my dolls, and maybe something else…
dragon egg2

I have been making icord with threads that are too fuzzy to do much else with. Right now I have started to make something with them, probably a rug, but we’ll see. I’m using the Embelish Knit tool I got at Joanns for $5 on clearance. It makes them very fast!
pink icord
icord in progress
I hand sew this one. Deciding on which color to attach next.

A bracelet.
Blue bracelet

My first pair of earrings.
First earrings

And I finally go around to trying to make an amigurumi! I am very happy with how this little birdie turned out. I did not use any pattern for this but watched a video on Youtube on how to work in the round and do inc/decs. I am a new crocheter so this took a few times before I finally got it.
first ami

And more stashbusting

Here are some more things that I have done recently.

Organ Pipes
Organ pipes stitch

Present for mom (still needs a frame)
Embroidery for mom

Beaded accessory for doll.
Beaded doll belts

Doll dress.
Clover gets a dress

And last a doll sweater.
Aria's New Sweater

Some of this and that

Here are some things I’ve finished recently. A few are from my projects list for the year.
Leg warmers using two strands of yarn. One strand is really soft but I can’t remember what it is and the other is a strand of Moonlight Mohair.

A dress for one of my bjds. I did this by hand so it took awhile. I ended up taking it apart a few times to readjust size.

Kanzashi flowers. Both made from the fabric in the pic but one turned out blue and the other pink.

And finally another knit sampler square. This one is basketweave.


Two more projects down from my list. The first is a bag for plastic bags and the other are two binders to hold my patters and other crafty notes in.

Bag for plastic bags

Toy project patterns/ideas

Crafty projects, patterns, ideas

Baby blanket

I just spent most of the afternoon making a blanket for a co-workers new born baby. When I picked out the fabric, they did not know what the gender was going to be, but the baby was born today and it’s a girl. This was my first time making a blanket and so also my first time using blanket binding. It is not perfect, but I worked very hard on this and hope that she and the baby like it!

There is bad lighting in my room. The yellow is a soft yellow and the green is a soft mint green, really pretty. The color of the bears face is the same fleece I used for the back. There are cute bears, cats and clowns on the fabric.

Dotees #2 & 3

I don’t think one of my partners has received her dotee yet, but I wanted to post anyway. Hopfully if she happens to look here, she won’t mind a sneak peak!

This one I cut from a bandana meant for a dog. I liked the fabric which is why I bought it. the charm is turned around but it is a blue and pink dragonfly, really pretty.

Forgot to take a picture of the back, but there is a different fabric that has a unicorn on it. I could not figure out how to use that for the main part so it was made as the back. For the tail, I strung beads on craft wire and swirled it to make it look spiffy. The orange stands out but it was listed as my partners favorite color so i wanted to add it. The wire I used is purple.

Previous Older Entries